Today I thought I’d post a couple of easy changes you can make, to simplify your life.
So – without further ado, here are 30 Simple Life House Spouse simple life hints!
- Prepare meals for the week ahead of time.
- Make your own cleaning products.
- Buy in bulk when possible and cheaper, but only those things that you know you’ll use within the given ‘use by’ date.
- Only keep the clothes you actually wear. Give away the rest. (if you’re not sure about something, put it in a bag for 6 months, if you haven’t retrieved in that time, you don’t need it – get rid of it!)
- Live in a smaller home. You only ‘need’ all that room, to store all that (unnecessary) crap!
- Don’t spend money on things you don’t really need.
- Avoid debt if at all possible, and pay down debt you already have, as quickly as possible. Its soooo worth ‘doing without’, to get rid of debt thats hanging over you!
- Have a garage sale to get rid of old junk you don’t use. (use the proceeds to pay down that debt!)
- Start a garden and grow your own veg. Every little bit helps, and end up in huge savings over time, and much less food waste.
- Only do full loads laundry.
- It sounds obvious, but live within your means.
- Unplug everything when you’re not using it.
- Give away items you don’t use.
- Don’t leave lights on when you’re not in the room, or not at home.
- Try to buy energy-efficient appliances.
- Have a list of people who inspire you, and distance yourself from energy vampires.
- Don’t over-commit yourself.
- Buy locally grown produce.
- Compost your food waste.
- Don’t chase perfection; embrace imperfections.
- Make to-do lists, and then prioritise.
- Try to eliminate bills where you can (foxtel, netflix etc).
- Research bundled services (phone, internet, cable, insurance).
- Eat home-made meals more.
- Do all your ‘town’ errands in one go.
- Meal-plan. I can’t extol the virtues of this enough!
- Make a grocery list before you go shopping.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Keep an open mind.
- Live your life in a way that makes you happiest!
I hope at least a few of these will make YOUR life that little bit simpler and happier, and I’d love it if you would drop me a note in the comments, to tell me some of the tips you think me your life that much Simpler.
Hope you are having a lovely day,